Thursday, October 10, 2013

Catechism L5-03 God Made Man



Something to Ponder:
Why God created man?
Because of His love and goodness – He wants personal relationship with us.
He wants to share His creation to man – inheritance of the created world.
To praise His glorious grace.
When did humanity lost connection to God? à After Adam & Eve committed their first original sin.
How and when did humanity try to made fellowship with God again? à Through Prophets assigned by God and by following his commandment.
When did humanity was actually redeemed and made called children of God? à when Jesus came and sacrifice His life to save us.
Note: In the old days, to wash our sins the people in Israel sacrifice their best and pure animal like lamb or dove to God.  Every time they have sin, they need to sacrifice again and again. With Jesus Christ, He made the one-time eternal sacrifice for all men. 

What are the gifts of Adam and Eve?
        Holiness / Glory – to share in divine life; no suffering or dying.
        Justice – Inner harmony of human person: between man and woman; between first couple and all creation;
        Supernatural Gifts -- divine gifts that are totally beyond created nature which come directly from God; Sanctifying grace, which elevated them above their finite limitations so that they could fellowship with the Infinite God. i.e. beyond the reach of all created nature (even of the angels), and elevate the creature to a dignity and perfection natural to God alone
        Preternatural Gifts -- are abilities that are not bound by matter or physical nature but are bound by laws of created nature (i.e. Sixth Sense or psychic ability);
        Immortal -- not mortal; not liable or subject to death; undying: our immortal souls;  not liable to perish or decay; imperishable; everlasting;  perpetual; lasting; constant.
        Impassible --  incapable of suffering pain; incapable of suffering harm; incapable of emotion; impassive.
        Free from Concupiscence -- sexual desire; lust; ardent, usually sensuous, longing; Control over their instincts and drives.
        Infused Knowledge -- The gift of natural (secular) and supernatural (spiritual) knowledge miraculously conferred by God. Thought by some to have been possessed by Adam and Eve, who came into existence in an adult state and were to be the first teachers of the human race.
        Sinless -- free from or without sin.
        Lord of the earth


Human vs. Animals

Human
Animals
Material Body
Material Body
Eat, Drink, Sleep
Eat, Drink, Sleep
Very Intelligent and it evolves.
Varies Intelligence but does not close to human.
When we die, our bodies decays or corrupted. Others does not get corrupted!
Bodies are either eaten, decays or corrupted.
Human soul is spiritual, rational, immortal
Animal soul is material; no moral sense, mortal
When we die, we either go to Heaven or Hell
When animals die, it stops there.
Spirit of God is within us
No Spirit of God


What is God’s goal in creating and governing the world?

The existence of men was planned, conceived and achieved because God wanted to get glory for his name through His people. – starting from Adam & Eve then forming of Israel and now all people.

Man was created from the beginning in God's image that he might image forth God's glory. He was to multiply and fill the earth so that the knowledge of the glory of God would cover the sea. And ever since the fall of man into sin, people have refused to align themselves with this divine goal.

Ever since Adam and Eve had chosen to eat the fruit from the forbidden tree in order to be like God, they become independent of Him and wise in their own right, the human race has been enslaved to a rebellious heart that hates to rely on God but loves to make a name for itself.


What it means to be created for God's Glory?

What is Glory mean – renown; honor & praise rendered in worship; height of prosperity or achievement.

It cannot mean that He created us so that He would become more glorious, that his beauty and perfection would be somehow increased by us.

He does not mean He made us so that He could become more glorious in Himself.

Isaiah 43:7 means is that He created us to display His glory, that is, that His glory might be known and praised.

References:

Genesis 1:24-30
Genesis 12:1–3: Chose Abram to be His people and make his name great instead of the people who build the tower of Babel.
1 Cor. 10:31: "Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God"
Matthew 5.16: "Let your light so shine among men that they may see your good deeds and give glory to your Father in heaven"

Isaiah 43:1-7:
1. But now, thus says the Lord, He who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel, "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!
2. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
3. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I have given Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you.
4. Because you are precious in My eyes, and honored and I love you, I give men in return for you.
5. Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you.
6. I will say to the north, 'Give up!' and to the south, 'Do withhold.' Bring My sons from afar, and My daughters from the ends of the earth,
7. everyone who is called by My name, and whom I have created for My glory, whom I formed and even made."

Isaiah 48:9–11:
For My name's sake I defer my anger,
for the sake of My praise I restrain it for you,
that I may not cut you off.
Behold, I have refined you but not like silver;
I have tried you in the furnace of affliction.
For My own sake, for My own sake I do it,
for how should My name be profaned?
My glory I will not give to another.







No comments:

Post a Comment